- Are you seeking your next challenge in a fast paced & complex environment?
- Do you excel in providing administrative support to senior managers?
- Join the team at CSIRO Health and Biosecurity in this key support role
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity are seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant to provide high level secretarial and administrative support to the Research Director and Deputy Director. You will co-ordinate the day to day activities of the Director by arranging travel, diary management and monitoring email traffic. As the successful applicant, you will have previous experience in supporting a Senior Manager or Executive in a fast paced and complex environment. Your strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise demands along with your ability to handle sensitive and confidential information will be key to your success in this role.
Your duties will include:
- Providing practical support to the Research Director on dealing with issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
- Reviewing, evaluating and monitoring the Program Director's email, prioritising tasks and deadlines.
- Helping to coordinate material needed for reviews, reports or to respond to information requests.
- Establishing and maintaining electronic document management systems in accordance with CSIRO's record management standards.
- Coordinating internal and external meetings or other events, including booking rooms, resources, travel, transport, equipment and catering.
- Developing and maintaining networks to facilitate effective program operations.
Location: Dutton Park Brisbane QLD
Salary: $61K to $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 6 months
Ref no: 56915
To be considered you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in providing secretarial or administrative support to a Senior Manager or Executive in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAP, and MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, positively contributing to the team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle sensitive and confidential information, and use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise demands, and escalate issues when required.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 22 May 2018 (10:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.