- An outstanding opportunity to launch your research career at CSIRO
- Work with leading scientists in world-class facilities
- Join the CSIRO Manufacturing team for this exciting postdoctoral fellowship
Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years and will work closely with a leading Research Scientist or Engineer in their respective field. They carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO with the possibility of novel and important scientific outcomes. They present the findings in appropriate publications and at conferences.
CSIRO Manufacturing is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to join the Superconductivity Team or Graphene Team at our Lindfield office in Sydney, NSW. The postdoctoral fellow will build on our in-house developed graphene thin films, solid-state electronic devices and microwave/millimetre/terahertz technologies, to explore graphene as the active material for novel electronic devices for applications in wireless communications and sensing. The postdoctoral fellow will be guided/mentored by a multidisciplinary team of CSIRO supervisors and world leaders in the relevant fields, working in a scientifically prolific environment that fosters excellence, innovation, and leadership. In addition, the fellow will be provided with a tailored training and development program as part of CSIRO’s postdoctoral program.
Your duties will include:
- Understand the material properties of the graphene thin films synthesized at CSIRO lab.
- Develop novel graphene-based high-frequency electronic devices.
- Analyse device performance in the context of microwave/millimetre/terahertz (THz) technologies for wireless communication and sensing applications.
- Undertake regular reviews of relevant literature and patents.
- Produce high quality scientific or engineering papers for publication in quality journals, for client reports and patents.
Location: Lindfield, Sydney NSW, Australia
Salary: $80k to $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of up to 3 years
Ref no: 57093
To be successful you will have:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as applied physics, solid-state electronic devices, microwave/antenna engineering. Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
- Demonstrated research experience in high-frequency (microwave/THz) electronic devices or circuits.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in electromagnetic modelling/simulation.
- Demonstrated originality, creativity and innovation in solving problems and introducing new directions and approaches.
- High level written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research team at national and international conferences. A record of publications in quality, peer reviewed journals.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, plus the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details document
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please provide a response to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume, response to each selection criteria and cover letter.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 19 June 2018.