- Do you want to collaborate on a cutting-edge machine learning platform?
- Push the boundaries of technology in an exciting new project
- Work within an exceptional research and development environment and join CSIRO's Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a talented DevOps Engineer for the Data Science Platforms team.
The role requires a creative and dedicated devops engineer to design, build and manage both our internal and client-hosted distributed machine learning environments. This role can provide freedom to design and implement the development, deployment and release strategies around a large scale data platform. The team is currently developing graph analytics software to analyse and visualise linked network data with real impact for Australia.
In this role you will be encouraged to experiment with new technologies, learn new techniques and skills, and apply them to your work.
This is a security assessed position and successful applicants will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance. To obtain an Australian Government security clearance you must be an Australian Citizen. Applicants seeking sponsorship or who only hold residency status will not be considered.
Location: Negotiable (Eveleigh, NSW or Canberra, ACT preferred)
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years 5 months
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent commercial experience.
- Experience with networking, system administration or software engineering
- Solid experience with CI/CD processes and tools e.g. Travis, Jenkins
- Experience with configuration management tolls e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with containerised environments e.g. VMs, Docker, Kubernetes
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, geographically dispersed research and engineering team.
Before applying, we encourage you to read the full position description for this role. This document can be viewed at:
Position details document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: Application will remain open until filled.