- Do you have experience with modern scripting/programming languages?
- Do you have experience administering Linux systems?
- Join the Data & Visualisation team & start developing solutions to large-scale data analytics challenges
We are seeking an experienced Data Specialist to test, administer, and maintain the software layers underpinning Pawsey's Data Analytics capabilities. You will join the Data and Visualisation Team at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre responsible for building and maintaining novel Data Analytics pipelines. This will involve leveraging Pawey's high speed interconnect, Petascale storage, and compute facilities in assisting researchers working on cutting edge challenges in big-data, machine- and deep-learning.
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is an unincorporated joint venture comprising CSIRO and several Western Australian Universities. Since 2000, this partnership has managed infrastructure and research engagement projects funded at both the state and federal levels, including the $80 million Super Science Initiative in 2009. Throughout this period, staff at the centre have provided expertise in the use of its supercomputing, visualisation, high speed storage, and data transfer capabilities.
Your duties will include:
- Utilise proven systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on complex data workflow tasks.
- Coordinate with Pawsey security and network staff to maintain appropriate standards and safeguards.
- Monitor performance and provide optimisation recommendations.
- Work with a team to deliver improvements and enhancements to services.
- Observe best practises in software development, deployment, and documentation.
- Ensure effective response and resolution of issues via task tracking techniques.
Location: Kensington WA
Salary: AU $80K to AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 56614
To be considered you will have:
- A tertiary degree in an IT discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience with modern scripting/programming languages and code management.
- Demonstrated experience administering Linux systems and data focussed technologies, such as databases.
- Understanding of one or more configuration management methodologies and containerisation technologies.
- Proven ability to develop technical documentation.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications Close: 9 May 2018 (10:59pm AEDT).