- Do you have experience in sheep and cattle husbandry and farm maintenance?
- Use your skills to support CSIRO's diverse scientific research in lab & field situations
- Join CSIRO's farm operations team at the Chiswick Research Station in Armidale!
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Leading Farm Hand at Chiswick Research Station to provide scientific research support in a diverse range of laboratory and field situations across many research projects. Your demonstrated hands on sheep and cattle husbandry experience, farm maintenance skills, advanced computer skills, a strong commitment to teamwork and safe work practices will be the key to your success in this role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining a high level of technical support to research staff.
- Collecting pedigree information and capturing performance record details for a registered Angus cattle herd.
- Maintaining experimental sheep selection flocks.
- Providing a high level of care to ensure livestock are maintained in a healthy state.
- Assisting with compliance to a number of quality assurance programs, animal ethics and quarantine protocols.
Location: Armidale, NSW
Salary: AU $61k to AU $78k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite/ongoing to
To be successful you will need:
- A Higher School Certificate with proven numeracy and literacy skills, Trades Certificate, Diploma in Agricultural Science and/or equivalent experience.
- Current Australian Manual Driver’s Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in the safe operation of agricultural plant and machinery items.
- Experience in livestock management and research based livestock husbandry events, procedures and practices.
- Sound pasture assessment skills and fodder budgeting skills.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 55846. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: Tuesday, 15th May 2018