- Lead a dedicated team of scientist
- Create a long-term impact plan that addresses national challenges
- Join CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere and make a difference
As the Research Director you will set the vision and strategy for the Marine Resources and Industry Research Program within Oceans and Atmosphere and lead a portfolio of multi-disciplinary, collaborative projects.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Science leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and partnerships
- Resource leadership
Location: Hobart or Brisbane
Salary: AU$152k to AU$191k plus up to 15.4% super, car allowance and performance payment
To be successful you will have
- A PhD in Fisheries and Resource Management.
- Ability to strategically identify national and global research challenges and opportunities to transform the economic, environmental and social sustainability of marine resources and industries.
- Evidence of successful development and leadership of a pipeline and portfolio of science, research and innovation on national and an international scale.
- Evidence of strong industry engagement and strategic relationship management that grows new opportunities.
- The ability to work as an effective integral member and leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team and foster a high level of cooperation.
- Ability to establish productive teams, manage performance, undertake strategic planning, operationalise the vision for staff and gain commitment.
Find out more! Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
About Oceans and Atmosphere
Oceans and Atmosphere provides knowledge to manage Australia’s marine areas and atmospheric environment. Marine resources, biodiversity and industries provides scientific knowledge and tools to support commercial development of Australia’s marine resources.
How to apply: Please create one PDF document containing your cover letter and CV and apply online via the Apply link.
Closing date: Sunday 15th April (11.30 pm- Australian Eastern Standard time)