- Exciting new business role within CSIRO Agriculture and Food Business Unit
- Provide environmental benchmarking metrics & advice to Agribusiness
- Join a highly influential team working on tackling some of Australia's pressing problems
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Business Operations Coordinator (BOC) to join our team at the High Resolution Plant Phenomics Centre (HRPPC), CSIRO-hosted node of the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility. The centre provides a new set of tools for Australian and international plant scientists to explore plant gene function and develop higher-yielding crops better suited to current and future environmental challenges.
You will support the HRPPC Director and members of the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility’s Executive Management Committee. This will include ensuring the HRPPC remains on target for meeting milestones and the strategic direction set out through the coordination of the operations for the facility.
Your duties will include:
- Provide operational advice to the HRPPC Director, HRPPC staff, board members and other stakeholders
- Coordinate the workload for the business support team (encompassing the Business Operations Coordinator, Business Support Coordinator and Technical Services Coordinator)
- Optimise processes to engage centre clients and streamline access to the facility with the provision of making the process as efficient as possible
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the ongoing HRPPC engagement with industry and other end users of research.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain)
Salary: AU$95K to AU$103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 18 month specified term
Job reference: 52246
To be successful you will need:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Business Administration or equivalent or solid experience in an equivalent area.
- Strong background and experience in business, financial and operations management in a service environment.
- Demonstrated experience in project development, management and evaluation of project outcomes.
- Proven ability to actively contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic frameworks, policies and procedures.
- General understanding of intellectual property and legal contract issues and how they relate to the operations of a facility.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume and cover letter ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: 10.59pm AEDT, 2 January 2018