- Are you highly motivated and experienced in leading teams to achieve organisational outcomes?
- Do you have expertise in the Corporate Legal and Policy Sector?
- Become a key member of CSIRO's leadership team today
As a Director of the CSIRO Governance and Board Business Unit, you will lead a team to provide services, advice and support for the organisation across the specialist functions of Risk, General Counsel (including corporate legal and governance policy), Security and Fraud, and Internal Audit.
Success in this role will enable the teams to support CSIRO staff deliver their science, innovation and other enterprise service outcomes. The Director is a key member of the CSIRO Leadership Team, and will be highly experienced in building strong internal and external relationships at the highest levels, using foresight, advocacy and diplomacy.
Some of your duties will include:
- Delivery of CSIRO’s Strategy 2020 meets the high expectations of CSIRO’s Chief Executive, Board, government, Executive, other external and internal stakeholders in regards to risk management and compliance with appropriate legislation, regulation, policies, standards and practices.
- Ensuring CSIRO has an appropriate Governance and Delegations Framework that reflects best practice and a view for continual improvement.
- Providing strategic and comprehensive advice on a range of governance issues critical to the operation of CSIRO is available to CSIRO’s Chief Executive, Chairman and Board, leadership and staff including the coordination of legal advice covering governance and legal compliance, probity, commercial transactions and collaborations, commercial litigation and dispute management, joint ventures and equity investments, and strategic partnerships.
- Possess strong leadership and change management capabilities to build and motivate a high performing team.
Location: Melbourne preferred, may consider Canberra or Sydney
Salary: An attractive executive salary package will be negotiated
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
Job reference: 51422
To be successful you will need:
- A Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Governance, Communication, Law and/or Business related disciplines.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining contemporary high-level governance, risk management and commercial principles as they apply to large, complex organisations with the ability to drive change and continuous improvement.
- Experience in shaping and influencing organisational culture to achieve governance, risk and compliance objectives in line with the Organisation’s risk appetite, relevant legislation, regulations and policy.
- Strong strategic awareness, leadership and business and commercial acumen with the ability to set expectations, drive and deliver on hard line outcomes
To view the full position details and selection criteria click here: Position details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
At the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), we shape the future. We do this by using science to solve real issues. Our research makes a difference to people, industry and the planet.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your covering letter and resume/cv that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position Details Document.???
Applications close: 17 November 2017 (10:59pm AEDT)