- Apply your software engineering expertise to support scientific research with real-world impact!
- Be part of a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier scientific research organisation
CSIRO Land & Water currently has an opening for an experienced Research Software Engineer. In this position you will provide software engineering expertise to build proof of concept systems for a range of CSIRO projects. We are looking for someone who is familiar and experienced with contemporary software development practices using a range of web and other technologies.
Your duties will include:
- Under the direction of research scientists, carry out software engineering tasks of importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Working with CSIRO’s broader software engineering, build knowledge and capability that benefits CSIRO.
- Contribute to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
Location: Canberra, ACT or Melbourne, Vic
Salary: $81K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent experience in software Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy research quality web proof of concept applications.
- Demonstrated significant experience using JIRA, Git and other software engineering toolsets.
- Experience with the use of containerised software application deployment, and/or deploying and configuring web applications to the cloud would be an advantage, however is not essential.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
About CSIRO Land & Water: With our partners CSIRO Land & Water aim to deliver innovative solutions to the complex challenges that arise from the demands and impacts of human activities on the environment.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your resume/CV that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position Details Document (Max file size 2MB).
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 29 Oct. 2017