- Define and develop exciting new data products with real impact for Australia
- Drive the creation of novel technologies and innovative user experiences
- Join our dedicated Data Science Platforms team at Data 61, Australia's digital powerhouse
Data61 has an exciting new role for a Product Manager to help design and deliver innovative products built from cutting-edge technologies. We are currently building a graph analytics platform with real impact for Australia and beyond. We are seeking creative people to help shape the product direction, to define the product design and market strategy, and to collaborate with all stakeholders to provide the best possible outcome.
We can provide flexible working hours, ownership of products and processes, and the ability to grow to your full potential.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Defining a product vision and roadmap including features, requirements, strategy, marketing, identifying obstacles and mitigating risks.
- Developing and communicating the product direction, positioning products in relevant markets, and articulating and driving a go-to-market strategy.
- Managing multiple external clients in government and B2B markets.
- Collaborating with UX teams to perform UX discovery, strategy and design, and to assist in running UX workshops
- Working closely with engineering, research and business teams to assess capabilities, design products and drive deliverables.
- Collaborating with business, marketing and communications teams to develop market strategies and public relations materials.
Location: Canberra, ACT (Sydney NSW considered)
Salary: $127K to $141K plus up to 15.4% superannuation.
To be successful in this position you will need:
- Bachelor degree in science, engineering, business or arts or equivalent commercial experience in product management.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and build a vision, and to see it through ambiguity, conflict and roadblocks.
- Experience in software product development or product management in a technical environment.
- Experience interfacing with customers and external partners, and cultivating networks within appropriate markets.
- Ability to research and summarise business strategies quickly and accurately.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- A good eye for user interface design, user experience and usability.
- Ability to think creatively, to work collaboratively and to perform tasks under minimal supervision.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details Document
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Find out more! CSIRO Balance
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV, Cover letter and responses to the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Details Document. Provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications open until filled