Administration Assistant - Biorisk Management Group
- Are you self motivated, conscientious and can work with limited guidance?
- Perform a range of general administrative tasks in this varied part-time role
- Join the Biorisk Management Group at CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
The Administration Support Officer role in the based at AAHL Geelong provides assistance to members of the Biorisk Management Group in duties such as training data management, compliance documentation, assisting with inductions and coordination of requirements for facility visitors and assistance with the AAHL vaccination requirements.
The Administration Support officer will need to be self-motivated and conscientious and at times work with limited guidance. They will require experience in Word, Excel and Access and will be required to update Visio, SharePoint and Workflows. The Administration Support Officer must be available to commence at 8am and at times, you may be required to be flexible enough in order to work extra hours to relieve others to ensure inductions are available to facility users. The role will work with the Biorisk staff to provide general administrative support to members of the Biorisk Management Group including the Biorisk Manager.
Location: Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL), Geelong, VIC
Salary: $45K - $59K (pro-rata) pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite part time approx. 15 hours per week 3-4 days a week with 8 am start time not negotiable
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant certificate and/or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and skills providing administrative support in a complex environment.
- Ability to commence at or before 8am and also relieve for other staff during absences and leave, possibly at short notice.
- Highly developed time management, organisational and attention to details skills with the ability to prioritise demands, and escalate issues as appropriate; establishing priorities for managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Friendly interpersonal and communication skills and confidence to conduct AAHL inductions to a range of staff and visitors to the facility.
- Sound keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and ability to quickly learn new systems.
The appointee must be willing and able to meet and adhere to CSIRO AAHL’s microbiological security requirements, security assessment requirements and HSE policies as outlined in the Position Details document.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
AAHL helps protect Australia’s multi-billion dollar livestock and aquaculture industries, and the general public, from emerging infectious disease threats. It is a high-containment facility designed to allow scientific research into the most dangerous infectious agents in the world.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please upload ONE document only that includes your CV/resume, cover letter and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Please upload these as ONE document.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
Applications Close: 10:00pm AEST, 24 September 2017