- Work in a fast paced, dynamic environment managing competing administrative demands
- Utilise your expertise to manage project deliverables, reports and budgets
- Join the team at CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
The Administration Officer is required to provide project, financial and administrative support services to Diagnostic Surveillance and Response Program including the Research Director, the International Program and other scientific staff. The role has administration and project management components which require initiative and an ability to manage complex relationships and activities. Broad liaison with appropriate groups and agencies in CSIRO and nationally and internationally will be required. The suitable candidate will be able to demonstrate familiarity with procedures for project management, sound understanding of budget process and financial information and the ability to work with various systems to assist with complex milestone reports.
Location: Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL), Geelong, VIC
Salary: $61K - $78K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years This is a full time position however part time hours will be considered.
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant certificate and/or relevant work experience.
- Highly developed Administration skills developed in a similar role with excellent skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Proof reading and writing skills as well as disseminate information from various sources into a concise and professional report.
- A good understanding of finance and budgets and able to present financial data in different formats for different audiences.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise demands, and escalate issues as appropriate; establishing priorities for managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively as a contributor to teams and to network with scientific and industry colleagues to be able to obtain vital information for reports.
The appointee must be willing and able to meet and adhere to CSIRO AAHL’s microbiological security requirements, security assessment requirements and HSE policies as outlined in the Position Details document.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
AAHL helps protect Australia’s multi-billion dollar livestock and aquaculture industries, and the general public, from emerging infectious disease threats. It is a high-containment facility designed to allow scientific research into the most dangerous infectious agents in the world.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please upload ONE document only that includes your CV/resume, cover letter and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Please upload these as ONE document.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
Applications Close: 10:00pm AEST, 24 September 2017