- Are you someone who can lead a broad range of sales, business development and customer focused activities?
- Are you highly skilled communicator capable of achieving and exceeding sales targets?
- Join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary communicators in the CSIRO Publishing team!
This role contributes positively to the impact of CSIRO, and science generally, by growing CSIRO Publishing’s revenue from journals, e-books, online lessons and magazines plus advertising. The role will lead a broad range of sales, business development and customer focused activities including managing existing contracts and customer relationships, driving additional revenue through existing customer base in addition to developing new market segments and global markets for all e-content.
This position will report to the Sales Development Manager, CSIRO Publishing and will work in close partnership with external and internal groups.
CSIRO Publishing is an independent science and technology publisher of books, journals and magazines with a strong emphasis on digital publishing. It carries a national-interest publishing obligation underwritten by agreements between Australian Academy of Science and CSIRO. The business unit is owned by and operates within CSIRO on a commercial basis with its viability dependent on the capacity to generate revenue, produce quality products and sufficient return on investment.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here!: Balance
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieving sales targets by:
1. developing relationships with established customers to maximise their spend;
2. prospecting, targeting and establishing relationships with new customers.
- Identifying potential clients in both traditional and non-traditional markets through regular research and prospecting activities using both internal and external sources. Conducting new business outreach to potential clients through phone calls and e-mails.
- Identifying new markets, customers and sales opportunities both locally and overseas.
- Developing and implementing strategic sales plans that deliver sales growth from new and existing customers.
- Developing and nurturing strategic relationships with (both internal and external) clients to ensure repeat business and sales growth and build opportunities for new business. Effectively manage existing relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Location: Clayton South, Victoria
Salary: $80K - $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Hours: Full time or 80% will be considered
To be successful you will need:
- The ability to clearly convey information and ideas, adapted to others needs and priorities, and establish effective interpersonal relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to travel to meet customers, attend events and conferences, both locally and interstate;
- Proven ability to achieve, and ultimately, exceed sales targets;
- Demonstrated negotiation and relationship selling experience, selling digital products in STM publishing, libraries, education sector or similar commercial businesses;
- Demonstrated pro-active style and proven track record in prospecting, targeting and developing relationships with customers, and identifying new business opportunities;
- Ability to analyse and interpret sales data and other market information.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details document
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 18 September 2017.