- Utilise your experience in veterinary pathology
- Develop, implement & interpret research projects in zoonotic & emergency animal diseases
- Join a cross-disciplinary team in the Dangerous Pathogens area & take your career to another level
CSIRO Health and Biosecurity is seeking a Veterinary Pathologist with expertise in pathology to work at high levels of bio-containment, with a variety of serious human and veterinary pathogens. You will provide support for animal challenge experiments with a variety of infectious agents at different levels of bio-containment. You will also assist in the development, implementation and interpretation of research projects in the area of zoonotic and emergency animal diseases for the purpose of mitigating their impact on Australian society, economy and environment.
Location: AAHL, Geelong
Salary: $95k to $103k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 46061
More specifically you will:
- Conduct necropsies on a range of species (predominantly laboratory animals) at high levels of biocontainment
- Histopathological examination of tissues, including immunohistochemical interpretation
- Provide gross and histopathology reports with interpretative summaries”
To be successful you will have:
- A veterinary degree registrable with Veterinary Boards in Australia.
- Relevant post grad qualifications such as ACVP, ECVP board certification, FANZCVSc or MANZCVSC.
- Post-graduate experience in veterinary anatomic pathology and histopathology.
- Demonstrated research experience relevant to infectious disease research.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small projects, including negotiation of resources.
- Demonstrated capability to write scientific reports, for example, publications in scientific journals or conference abstracts.
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of verbal presentations to scientific and community audiences.
For the full duties and selection criteria please view our Position details.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: To apply for this position please include with your CV/Resume a statement addressing the essential criteria, and any other information that is relevant to the position. Please upload these as one document.
Applications open until filled