- Manage the implementation of the Chief Scientist and/or Alumni engagement and communication plans
- Operate in an agile and highly collaborative environment
- Flexible role available as either 1 full time or 2 part time positions
The Project Manager/s, will manage the implementation of the Chief Scientist and/or Alumni engagement and communication plans, will work in an interdisciplinary team involving communications, researchers, business representatives, information technology and information management professionals and will operate in an agile and highly collaborative environment.
CSIRO is committed to a flexible working environment and therefore this role can be either 1 person full time or 2 part time people (1 person 3 days per week for Chief Scientist and 1 person 2 days per week for Alumni).
The Chief Scientist part of the role will include coordinating network activity and delivery, speech writing, event creation and management, liaising with media, the development and implementation of communication content through various internal and external channels to enhance the Chief Scientist’s and therefore CSIRO's image, promote its capabilities and be an advocate for science.
The Alumni component will be responsible for the implementation of the newly developed Alumni communication and engagement strategy that includes; building the new online community, coordinating network activity and delivery, event creation and management, development of internal and external content and enhancing the connection between Alumni members (current and potential future) with CSIRO staff, activities and opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
Lead the day-to-day management of the project/s.
Delivery of project/s to scope, budget, schedule and stakeholder expectation
Monitor and report on scope, quality, time and costs risk and issues to the line manager.
Provide high-level written material for the Chief Scientist and Alumni, including speeches, briefing notes, content and opinion pieces.
Identify key external engagement opportunities for the Chief Scientist and Alumni network.
Location: Flexible (Clayton, Victoria preferred)
Salary: $92K to $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 month term
To be successful you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in communication, project management or a related field, and/or relevant management/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated success in innovative planning and implementation of projects (on budget, on schedule, to scope, calculating risk, problem solving and to stakeholder expectations).
- High-level senior stakeholder management experience, with a particular focus on influencing and negotiation.
- Well-developed creativity skills and an ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- High level oral and written communication skills including experience in developing impactful speeches and presentations.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details document
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 21 June 2017.