- Lead research in sustainable energy options for Australia's future
- Address national challenges to build capacity to innovate for science discovery
- Join CSIRO, Australia's Innovation Catalyst
CSIRO Energy research pioneers low-emission technologies that create value for industry and households; and provide the knowledge that will help guide towards a smart, secure energy future. Our research includes coal mining and energy production, low emission technologies, electricity grids and modelling, energy storage and battery technologies, oil and gas, solar energy and low emissions technologies.
The Director is responsible for organization-wide leadership in energy research and development. This encompasses direct leadership of the Energy business unit and fostering linkages to other relevant parts of the organisation including mineral resources and land and water usage and impacts.
- Lead CSIRO Energy’s people, and manage financial resources, infrastructure and other assets to ensure their effective and efficient use;
- Undertake long term science impact planning to address national challenges and to build capacity to innovate for science discovery;
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders, clients and partners to ensure alignment of CSIRO Energy's activities with the needs of the nation;
- Bring global market knowledge and domain expertise to shape CSIRO Energy’s business that will build on CSIRO’s track record in driving commercial outcomes, and delivering national impact in this area
- Strive for “Zero Harm” through a commitment to a healthy, safe and environmentally sustainable workplace;
For a confidential discussion about this position please contact Peter Mayfield (02) 4960 6046 or Julie Carroll (07) 3833 5901
Salary: An attractive package by negotiation including up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years
At CSIRO we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
Applications close: 11.50 pm, 25 May 2017, Australian Eastern Standard Time. Please apply online uploading one document only containing your CV and cover letter outlining your ability to meet the selection criteria