- Lead CSIRO’s Cyber and Information Security Program
- Strategic Leadership role protecting the security and integrity of CSIRO’s science data
- Partner with business units on individual security needs
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in CSIRO is a business/technology executive reporting to the Chief Information Officer. The role is responsible for providing enterprise-wide leadership to maintain a comprehensive Cyber and Information Security program for Australia’s premier research agency. This is a position of trust requiring an individual with strong stakeholder management skills and exceptional levels of integrity. The role also requires a Federal Government ‘top secret’ security clearance.
The role will involve pragmatic thought leadership regarding cyber security and the assurance of CSIRO’s significant science data assets and platforms; setting the agencies cyber agenda and security strategy, ensuring compliance and managing risks. The CISO leads a small team responsible for policy, education, training, cyber security incident response, risk assessment, contract review, incident prevention, detection and forensics. The role also works through partnerships across business units and functional groups and with CSIRO partners on security and related initiatives.
As the key executive leading CSIRO information security planning, implementation and overall operations, the CISO is critical to enabling CSIRO to deliver its strategy while protecting the security and integrity of science data delivering competitive advantage for CSIRO’s brand. The CISO will partner very closely with CSIRO’s leadership and is a member of the executive of CSIRO Information Management and Technology.
Location: Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne
Salary: Attractive salary package offered
Term: 3 years
Reference Number: 30765
Skills and experience required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Systems or similar, or equivalent experience within an information security context with industry recognised certifications.
- Significant experience in a senior enterprise-wide IT security role.
- Experience implementing and managing technical security controls in a geographically dispersed virtual and physical environment.
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder expectations and relationships at a senior level. Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and drive change.
- Demonstrable experience with information security issues at an enterprise level – including technology, compliance and policy as well as a proficient understanding of risk management.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on superior customer service and client engagement and the ability build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Superior and proactive problem solving and analytical skills.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Information Package
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 17th January 2017