Senior Product Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Product Manager
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
- Use your skills and experiences as a Product Manager to support something truly special.
- Supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and Innovation Agency!
This role requires a talented and experienced product manager who has a passion for understanding users, a deep understanding of the technology sector, and a strong track record of translating market needs into real solutions. The ability to influence teams and build strong relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders will be critical for the role.
Your duties will include:
In your role as the Senior Product Manager, you will work in partnership with science and technology program leads to develop portfolio and product strategy and productise innovations in a variety of domains. Using your ability to influence, and your skills to affect change, you will drive strategy and decisions at a senior level.
- Undertake market and competitor analysis in areas of strategic importance to Data61 and CSIRO to identify opportunities
- In collaboration with stakeholders, lead the development of strategic vision, objectives, roadmaps, and business models needed to bring our research to life.
- Clearly communicate product strategy to all stakeholders aligning the roadmap
- In collaboration with affiliated departments, undertake to perform customer discovery and synthesis, and facilitate validation exercises (i.e. Design Sprints) so that customer problems/opportunities can be clearly articulated resulting in successful product outcomes.
- Collaborate with business development and commercialisation to validate the business model and go-to-market strategy with customers and partners to achieve our products financial viability.
- Champion the product management capability across CSIRO. Provide advisory and coaching across the business on product thinking and validation methodologies.
Location: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, and ACT.
Salary: AU$141 949k- AU$157 055k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
To be appointed you will have:
- A university degree plus at least eight years’ experience in product management, a demonstrated track record of taking ideas from concept to market to achieve business outcomes and solve customer problems in a range of complex product areas.
- Proven success leading product vision and strategy in cross-functional teams including designers, engineers, architects, communications, legal and business development.
- Experience with commercialisation pathways including investment options for early-stage research and technologies.
- Passion for solving real world problems with science and technology.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to build alignment and achieve outcomes.
- Managed a product portfolio or complex product.
- Held a senior product position with people leadership.
- Experience in establishing a new product function in an organisation.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA).
- Product management experience in a start-up organisation.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
6th February 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 06 Feb 2022
- AU$141 949k- AU$157 055k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Business Development Manager