Computer Vision opportunities (multiple positions)
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Computer Vision opportunities (multiple positions)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
How we can thrive together to solve Australia's data-driven challenges
- Data61 are at the digital and data heart of Australia's national?science?agency - CSIRO
- Working collaboratively with the largest group of digital?technology?researchers in?Australia
- A unique opportunity to seamlessly work across disciplinary boundaries and make an impact at?a?national scale!
Do you have a desire to?work within?a multidisciplinary team collaborating with domain experts and accessing unique datasets with state-of-the-art high-performance computing to solve real world problems?
We have indefinite positions available at CSIRO’s Data61 to work with leading industry partners, leading Universities, and to supervise students and junior researchers!
The opportunities that we are offering
We have a number of indefinite opportunities within the field of computer vision to contribute to our various strategic areas. Some of our opportunities include Research Scientists and Research Engineers in computer vision and image analysis. Locations available across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra or remote where requirements can be met.
Life at Data61 and how you can be part of our mission
CSIRO’s Data61 is at the forefront of digital science and innovation, leading both in developing new research as well as working across disciplines and sectors to apply technologies and drive impact.
Data61’s Computer Vision domain are seeking to increase the performance of deep learning-based systems where the data is scarce, ground truth is difficult to obtain, and objects and events to be detected are rare. This program of work forms part of our strategic mission and we are excited to have you join us as either Research Scientists or Research Engineers and directly see how your work contributes to Australia’s community. You will be part of our high-performing Imaging and Computer Vision Group (made up of 35 staff members) at Data61 and joined by 500 other data scientists building innovative solutions for Australia. The focus of your role will include action recognition, multi-object tracking and 3D scene analysis.
Our Research Scientist will be involved in the supervision of students and junior staff and will collaborate across the whole organisation as well as external partners including Universities and commercial companies.
We are committed to continuously building a diverse, inclusive, and flexible working environment where all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.?
Overview of who we are looking for
We are hiring a number of Research Scientists and Research Engineers to enhance our Computer Vision research and application to drive continuous growth within Australia. If the below sounds like you then please apply now to express your interest!?
- A PhD in a relevant field or subfield that may include computer science, engineering, information technology, applied mathematics, computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence or data analytics.
- Strong experience with scientific computing platform and programming languages such as Python, Matlab, C++, PyTorch, Tensorflow. GPU/Parallel Computing experience.
- Experience developing and applying computer vision and machine learning models, and an understanding of the underlying mathematical basis.
In addition to the above, we are seeking Research Scientists who have:?
- A significant and up to date track record of high-quality peer-reviewed publications as primary author in high impact journals and/or top-tier international conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICML or NeurIPS.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing novel deep learning architectures.
and Engineers who have:?
- Expertise in developing and deploying software with complex algorithms.
- Experience with contemporary software development tools and practises such as version control, unit testing, automated testing, and issue tracking.
CSIRO is an Equal Opportunity employer working hard to recruit world-class talent that represents the diversity across our society.?
Who is eligible to express their interest
To be eligible to work within this role in CSIRO you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident, or hold valid working rights throughout the duration of the tenure. From there, you will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Were to from here!
If you are interested in opportunities within Data61’s, across our Computer Vision capability cohort, and meet the above candidate requirements, please apply to register your interest!??If you?prefer?to have an informal chat before putting in your?EOI (Expression of Interest), you can?also?contact Careers.Online@csiro.au.
Who will view my EOI: Data61 Research Directors, Group Leaders and Talent Acquisition are partnering together to review your expression of interests. We are excited to hear from you and will be in touch with you over the coming weeks where there is a potential match to an opportunity that may be your future role!
This advertisement will remain open, and we reserve the right to withdraw this ad once we have successful filled all vacant positions.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
3D Geometry, Robotics or Computer Vision
Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence