Software Engineering for AI | multiple positions
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Software Engineering for AI | multiple positions
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation.
How we can thrive together to solve Australia's data-driven challenges
- Data61 are at the digital and data heart of Australia's national science agency - CSIRO
- Working collaboratively with the largest group of digital technology researchers in Australia
- A unique opportunity to seamlessly work across disciplinary boundaries and make an impact at a national scale!
This is a fantastic opportunity if you desire to work at the forefront of Australia’s cutting-edge research and technologies within the field of Software Engineering for Artificial Intelligence.
These opportunities will also suit you if you desire to see your contributions make a meaningful positive impact across our nation!
The opportunities that we are offering
We have a number of indefinite opportunities available for Research Scientists in Responsible Technology and Software Engineering for Artificial Intelligence. Locations available across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra or remote where requirements can be met. Apply now to register your interest to join Data61 as part of a multi-disciplinary research team that will lead world-class research in Software Engineering for Artificial Intelligence!
Life at Data61 and how you can be part of our mission
CSIRO’s Data61 is at the forefront of digital science and innovation, leading both in developing new research as well as working across disciplines and sectors to apply technologies and drive impact.
Data61 is leading the research and application of Artificial Intelligence capability across Australia to grow our economy, solve problems and improve our quality of life. You will be joining us at an exciting time where we have recently partnered with the Australian Government to establish a National AI Centre and formulate AI Ethical frameworks and foundations. As part of this journey, you will significantly contribute to the development of innovative ideas, empirical studies, collaborative projects, methods, and technologies in software engineering for AI-based systems including Responsible AI.
We are committed to continuously building a diverse, inclusive and flexible working environment where all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
We’re interested in hearing from people who can demonstrate the following:
- Capability within software engineering, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data management and analytics, ethics, risk management, governance, blockchain or human-centered computing.
- A PhD in a relevant field such as software engineering or computer science.
- A demonstrated high quality research publication history in peer reviewed conferences, journals and/or reports, grant applications or inventorship on patent applications.
- Ability to use software engineering methods in the context of Responsible AI or responsible technologies.
- Research experience in one of more of the following software engineering sub-fields:
- Software architecture and quality, requirements engineering, software development processes or empirical software engineering.
CSIRO is an Equal Opportunity employer working hard to recruit world-class talent that represents the diversity across our society.?
Who is eligible to express their interest
To be eligible to work within this role in CSIRO you must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident, or hold valid working rights throughout the duration of the tenure. From there, you will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Were to from here!
If you are interested in opportunities within Data61’s Software Engineering for Artificial Intelligence division, and meet the above candidate requirements, please apply to register your interest! If you prefer to have an informal chat before putting in your EOI (Expression of Interest), you can contact Careers.Online@csiro.au.
Who will view my EOI: Data61 Research Directors, Group Leaders and Talent Acquisition are partnering together to review your expression of interests. We are excited to hear from you and will be in touch with you over the coming weeks where there is a potential match to an opportunity that may be your future role!
This advertisement will remain open, and we reserve the right to withdraw this ad once we have successful filled all vacant positions.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Dec 2021
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence