Data61 Executive Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Data61 Executive Officer
- Do you thrive in busy, complex environments supporting senior executives?
- Can you provide high level advice, project coordination and stakeholder engagement across a diverse operational portfolio?
- Support Data61 BU Director and contribute to the leadership team
CSIRO’s Data61 is the digital technologies and data science arm of Australia’s national science agency. With around 500 staff and another 500 affiliate staff through its network of 30 university partners, Data61 represents one of the largest collections of R&D expertise in artificial intelligence, data science, cybersecurity, robotics, and software engineering in the world. With a focus on impact-driven science and technology, Data61 works across disciplines and industry sectors to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges through digital R&D.
The role of Executive Officer in Data61 is to support the Executive Manager Business Operations in effective delivery of operational management and governance of the Business Unit. The position will be responsible for the initiation and management of projects, stakeholder engagement and management, preparation of progress and milestone reports for major projects, and the provision of advice and support on complex issues.
Your duties will include:
- Provide high level support and advice to the Executive Manager Business Operations, and the Director, on issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties
- Prioritise issues for attention and provide briefing notes/reports to facilitate effective action
- Prepare and review correspondence, presentations and reports that deal with complex or sensitive matters
- Identify emerging and unforeseen issues requiring intervention and develop appropriate responses
- Coordinate internal and external reviews, responses to information requests, and reporting requirements
- Coordinate Business Unit/Function compliance with CSIRO processes and governance requirements, and other applicable legislative requirements
- Coordinate effective communication within and about Business Unit/Function matters between Business Unit/Function leadership team members and other stakeholders
Location: Negotiable – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Canberra
Salary: AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- A confident and pro-active approach with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic executive team environment and collaborate widely both internally and externally
- Very strong analytical skills with a proven ability to investigate underlying issues of complex and ill-defined problems and develop appropriate responses through abstract thinking and using creative solutions
- Excellent organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to independently manage competing complex demands; establish or renegotiate priorities; and meet deadlines, including the ability to effectively adapt in ambiguous, urgent and/or complex situations where information is incomplete or not available
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management, including planning, engagement, monitoring and reporting to meet or exceed specified outcomes and timeframes
- Proven ability to coach and assist in the development of staff, utilising effective communication strategies to maintain high levels of productivity and trust
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to produce reports and present at an executive level
- Experience working in research or government would be an advantage
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to National police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Monday 08 February 2021, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 08 Feb 2021
- AU$98k - AU$106k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Communications & Organisation Change
Consulting, Strategy & Planning