- Do you have the connections, leadership & drive to lead a BD team?
- Are you passionate about translating research outcomes into practical innovation & impact?
- Join the CSIRO & support ground-breaking science within the Data61 Business Unit
CSIRO’s Business Development and Global (BD&G) function is currently seeking a motivated Director Business Development to join Data61 as part of the BU leadership team. The successful applicant understands relevant domain knowledge and develops, leads and implements a Business Unit BD&G strategy that is consistent with its Impact strategy and the Corporate Plan.
Although primarily focussed on Business Development, the successful applicant must have a strong understanding of how and when Commercial skills are utilised across the transaction lifecycle.
Your duties will include:
- Responsible for establishing, leading and monitoring the execution of a strategy to achieve and grow Business Development and Commercial impact and revenue aligned with Sector, Business Unit strategy and CSIRO’s Corporate Plan – including Missions.
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with senior executives and external stakeholders across industry and government within the Business Unit’s key sectors.
- Proactively identify, build and develop strategic portfolios of clients & partners in the Business’s key markets, to support delivery of short- and long-term revenue goals.
- Proactively identify and lead the end-end conversion of strategic Business Development and Commercial opportunities at the Business Unit level to meet financial and impact objectives.
- Increase cross business unit connections and interactions for the benefit of the customer and CSIRO (the horizontal).
- Support the Business Unit Director with market research, business intelligence and new business models that proactively supports planning, monitoring and evaluation of business impact and business performance revenue pipeline and results, report on IP and technology pipeline activities, report on governance issues on the investment portfolio.
Location: Sydney or Melbourne
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles, ideally with postgraduate managerial qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with client groups to achieve and grow Business Development and/or Commercial impact with revenue, focusing on return on investment to maximise organisational results in line with CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify, build and develop a portfolio of commercial relationships, build and develop key strategic relationships to support delivery of impact objectives and meet current and future revenue goals that are aligned to CSIRO’s Corporate Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver end-to-end conversion of strategic Business Development and Commercial opportunities with a focus on driving and supporting efficient commercial contracting.
- Demonstrated experience to build and maintain strong professional and collaborative working relationships across a wide range of disciplines at all levels of the organisation and externally, proactively seek and influence multiple key stakeholders, within a complex and ambiguous environment, to achieve a successful outcome.
- Demonstrated experience in building a high performing team, providing coaching and development opportunities across the breadth and depth of a complex team that delivers high standards in service delivery as well as technical output, proven ability to hold a team accountable to specified results, as well as creating a culture that fosters innovative problem solving, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing.
- Domain expertise/knowledge in one or several relevant data/digital technology fields, such as safety and security, smart cities, machine learning, big data, loT, regtech, robotics and data-driven government
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful candidate will be asked to consent to National police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 15 December 2020, 11:00pm AEDT