- Do you have an interest in novel models that integrate image and text data into a single semantic space?
- Develop general methods for natural language and image processing in the medical domain
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
In this position you will undertake research into new multi-modal approaches in dealing with health data. You will work with top CSIRO scientists and engineers on novel models that integrate image and text data into a single semantic space to develop new computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence methods with a specific emphasis on solving significant science questions.
Your duties will include:
- Developing general methods for natural language and image processing in the medical domain.
- Working closely with other postdocs in similar areas, including domain specific imagery and video to, eg, address problems of lack of labelled data, integrating domain constraints, and enable discovery of anomalies in large scale datasets.
- Implementing these methods efficiently using programing tools such as PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Carrying out evaluation of the developed methods to demonstrate its competitiveness and fitness for purpose. Taking responsibility for functionality, performance and robustness.
- Carrying out high impact research of strategic importance to CSIRO, with the aim of achieving innovative and wide-reaching scientific outcomes and ideas for further research.
Location: Herston QLD Australia
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a Platform-relevant discipline area, such as computer vision, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), information retrieval, artificial intelligence.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Solid knowledge of either natural language processing or image processing with strong machine learning skills, and the ability to understand and develop mathematically-founded algorithms and their development in toolkits such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- High level computational and programming skills (e.g. in Python or C++) to build computer vision/machine learning/NLP models and conduct analyses.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 05 July 2020, 11:00 pm AEST