- Do you have an interest in digestion and microbiology simulation?
- Work with internationally recognised scientists in world class facilities
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years of relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
In this position you will undertake research in simulation of fluid, particulate and microbial dynamics in the gastro-intestinal tract.
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking a bright, energetic, dynamic self-starter with a strong desire to learn new skills and who can demonstrate initiative. As the successful Postdoc Fellow you will work with world class researchers to develop and validate 3D physics-based computational models of gastro-intestinal digestion from mouth entry to the large intestine including food breakdown, transport, and gut bacteria interactions.
This work has the potential to be world leading in the areas of digestion and microbiology simulation and as a result there will numerous opportunities for journal publications and conference presentations.
Your duties will include:
- Design and perform research studies using 3D flow simulations of human digestion.
- Investigate new methods for simulating microbial growth and decay in the gastrointestinal tract on a meso to macro scale.
- Publish and present new scientific outcomes in journals and international conferences.
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
Location: Clayton VIC
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area such as Computational modelling, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics.
Please note: To be eligible for this role you must have no more than 3 years (or part time equivalent) of postdoctoral research experience.
- Demonstrated initiative and a proven strong desire to learn new skills.
- Highly developed problem-solving ability with a demonstrated record in gaining insight into complex physical and/or industrial systems through the application of simulation software.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
CSIRO's Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO. We are creating Australia's data-driven future.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 03 May 2020, 11:00 pm AEST