- Are you a Robotics Software Engineer specialising in point cloud processing algorithms?
- Excellent opportunity to join a highly motivated Robotics and Automated Systems software team
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
We are looking for a Robotics Software Engineer specialising in point cloud processing algorithms for ongoing support and development and support of algorithms based on the world leading SLAM technologies within the Cyber Physical Systems program. The successful application will fill a critical role within this multi-skilled and highly motivated Robotics and Automated Systems software team. The role offers highly rewarding work with research scientists and engineers working on world leading research and robotics systems.
The successful candidate will have strong C/C++ software engineering experience, experience in data processing algorithms especially point cloud base algorithms, good mathematics skills especially with respect to linear algebra, and software engineering skills in areas such as communication protocols, algorithm development, machine vision, image processing and/or real time software development.
The successful candidate should also have experience with client interactions, embedded software development and the Robotics Operating System (ROS).
Your duties will include
- Develop high-quality software
- Research and develop improvements to SLAM algorithms
- Enhance the API and customer experience with SLAM and related technologies.
- Interact with customers to help investigate, diagnose and debug technical issues in order to identify viable solutions as well as enhancing existing APIs.
- Follow appropriate processed and procedures for managing client issues and identify process improvements.
- Participate in project planning and scheduling based on client needs, including allocating and directing tasks where appropriate.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: $83,687 to $94,679 p.a. plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: 2 years term
To be successful you will need
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma/bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in software engineering, science or mathematics
- Strong C/C++ software development experience (2+ years’ experience preferred)
- Experience with point cloud processing algorithms
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Experience with embedded Linux software development
- Experience developing autonomous systems using ROS
- Good python programming experience
- Prior experience with SLAM algorithms
- Real-time software development experience
- Experience with ROS; Robots Operating System
- Machine vision and image processing experience
- DevOps and Docker deployment
- Good mathematics education and/or experience
- The successful candidate will be asked to consent to National police check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Wednesday 8th April 2020