- Do you have an interest in machine learning?
- Use your skills to build innovative solutions for Australia
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated experimental scientist to work within our Quantitative Imaging project.
As the successful candidate, you will work with a large team to develop innovative machine learning methods for the analysis of images and videos.
You will have access to world class facilities and be able to work in a multi-disciplinary research team while you are enjoying generous personal development and learning opportunities.
Your duties will include:
- Develop innovative concepts, theories, tools and techniques related to the analysis of video and still images.
- Harness the growing volume of publicly available data sources, as well as work on establishing proprietary datasets in collaboration with our partners.
- Liaise with clients to determine their needs and take personal responsibility for client satisfaction.
- Make significant contributions to the interpretation and communication of research or technological results and collaborate on drafting presentations to, and detailed written reports for clients and the scientific community.
Location: Marsfield Sydney NSW
Salary: AU$83k – AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 18 months
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, mathematics or engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in developing software with one or more programming languages such as: Python, C++, C#, Matlab.
- Strong experience in widely used computer vision and deep learning models and libraries, and frameworks such as OpenCV, TensorFlow, and Caffe.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
CSIRO's Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO. We are creating Australia's data-driven future.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 07 April 2020, 11:00 pm AEST