- Tackle challenges in data collection, information extraction & transmission.
- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
As the Senior/Principal Research Scientist, you will sit within the Cybernetics Group in the CPS Program. The Cybernetics Group tackles major challenges in data collection and information extraction and transmission from complex environments, under constrained conditions and with limited resources. In this role you will lead individual research efforts and contribute to the acquisition and execution of external projects. You will have a strong background, including publications at top-tier venues, in more than one of the specific research areas i.e.:
- Signal processing for RF localisation, tracking and environment mapping, and the inference and contextualisation on individual and group behaviour, and trust.
- Signal processing techniques for micro and biomedical sensing systems, and human-machine interface optimisation, and/or inference from sensory data to assist medical diagnosis.
- Miniaturisation techniques for sensing/actuator systems and platforms that incorporate high-performing battery, telemetry, sensors, actuators and data management solutions, and/or design and implementation of associated ASICs.
- Signal processing techniques for broad bandwidth space communication and sensing systems, such as signal capture and fast track, and system architecture design.
You will provide scientific leadership, to play a lead role in securing project funds, and to develop and pursue research agendas within the context of our vision to investigate the use of novel systems, methodologies, techniques for the creation of reliable and long-lasting data acquisition and communication systems.
Location: Marsfield, NSW or Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: * CSOF6 AU$113,338k - AU$132,811k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
* CSOF7 AU$136,437k - AU$150,956k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate