- Use your economics skills to help shape the future.
- Be part of a dynamic team of dedicated professionals
- Join DATA61 - the largest data innovation group in Australia.
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Digital Economist.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to contribute to an exciting range of research projects through the Analytics & Decisions Sciences program. This role offers the opportunity to collaborate with scientists from a range of disciplines to address research questions of national importance to Australia.
Key research areas include: the economics of digital technology and its impact on employment; economic aspects of data and data sharing; market design; and human decision-making. Your tasks will include statistical analysis, economic modelling, literature reviews, paper and report writing. You will also contribute to engaging with clients to deliver existing and develop new projects.
Your duties will include
- Economic analysis of issues related to the digital economy
- Statistical analysis and modelling.
- Identifying and reviewing literature, data and other information sources relevant to various aspects of the digital economy.
- Writing clear and succinct reports for non-specialist audiences, along with technical reports and contributing to academic papers.
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary research teams to deliver projects addressing issues of national importance to Australia.
Location: Canberra ACT preferred. Other Data61 locations may be considered
Salary: AU$98,735 - AU$106,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- Postgraduate qualifications or equivalent experience in economics or related disciplines.
- Experience in economic analysis.
- Experience in statistical analysis and modelling.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 23 June 2019 at 11.59pm AEST