- Apply your expertise to develop commercial-quality applications to support CSIRO and other R&D organisations.
- Lead projects within the Computational Software Engineering and Visualisation Team
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
CSIRO's Data61 are offering an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and skilled C++ software engineer to join their Computational Software Engineering and Visualisation Team (CSEV). As the successful candidate you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and scientists producing advanced scientific software for real-world applications. To support the development of such applications, the CSEV Team develops world leading scientific and application development frameworks for use both inside and outside CSIRO. One such framework is Workspace: a cross-platform framework designed to enhance productivity, enable collaboration and software reuse and to facilitate the distribution and commercialisation of software products. At senior levels such as this, Research Projects staff are also involved in providing project leadership, science management, staff development and/or industry liaison.
In this role you will be responsible for developing commercial-quality applications using our frameworks in support of CSIRO and other Research and Development organisations. To be successful you must have proven experience developing commercial C++ application and be adept in the use of best practice software development processes, with a professional and proactive view of your software engineering career. You will lead projects, take responsibility for setting technical direction, guiding developers in the pursuit of objectives, engaging with internal and external customers and mentoring junior members of the CSEV team.
Salary: AU$113K - 132K + up to 15.4% superannuation
Location: Clayton, Melbourne
To be successful you will need
- A Bachelors/Masters degree in software engineering, computer science or similar and/or equivalent commercial experience.
- Commercial software engineering experience writing C++ software applications, with a strong customer focus and a proven capacity to deliver.
- An understanding of object-oriented programming, object-oriented class libraries and modern C++ facilities such as templates.
- Experience working in a test-driven, agile development or continuous integration environment.
- Experience with the following types of software engineering processes and tools: source code repositories (i.e. Git/SVN/TFS), work item tracking (i.e. JIRA/TFS), GUI libraries (such as Qt), cross platform development tools and environments (such as CMake).
For more information please view the Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Open until filled.