- Work with dedicated professionals & focus on real outcomes
- Work-life balance – talk to us about how it may be flexible for you
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO’s Data61 is seeking to appoint a Design Thinking Consultant.
As the successful candidate, you will work on client and emerging marketing facing projects. You will prepare, design, facilitate and quickly report on innovation style workshops, GV style design sprints and short-term pre-sales design thinking activities.
In this highly challenging and unique business, you will be part of the User Experience team, working with world class data and technology researchers, software developers and business teams to improve the UX team's capability.
Your duties will include
- Prepare, design, facilitate and quickly report on workshops, GV style design sprints
- Lead operational user and customer identification activities
- Demonstration of working inclusively with external and/or internal stakeholders
- Seek out information for, and conduct desk research to support reports
Location: Canberra ACT or Eveleigh NSW (Other capital cities within Australia may be considered)
Salary: AU$113,338 - AU$132,811 plus up to 15.4% superannuation (pro rata, for part time)
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in areas such as UX, CX, Design Strategy, Design Thinking Consulting
- Demonstrated professional career experience of approximately 7 years with approximately 5 years in a senior, client facing and consulting role.
- User centred design expertise in lean UX and qualitative research
- Workshop design and facilitation, and reporting skills
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Open until filled.