- Design key pieces of technology that will enhance privacy while accessing sensitive data
- Push the boundaries of technology in an exciting new project
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
The Privacy Enhancing Systems group is building an interlinked range of technologies and systems with real impact for Australia by making more data available while maintaining privacy. The DevOps Engineer role will play a key part in designing and delivering these technologies for our partners.
The successful applicant will be a creative and dedicated devOps engineer who will design, build and help manage both our cloud and client-hosted sensitive data access systems. This position can provide independence in building the development, deployment and release strategies, as well as providing the opportunity to learn new things and grow to their full potential with a highly skilled and diverse team.
Your duties will include
- Design and deliver cloud and client-hosted infrastructure for an interlinked range of sensitive data access technologies and systems.
- Build and manage software delivery, systems integration, and developer support tools.
- Design and implement the CI/CD strategy for the teams within the group.
- Engage with clients to develop integration strategies for custom system deployments.
- Automate processes and procedures to continuously improve the way we work.
- Develop performance and load testing strategies, and optimise system performance.
Location: Eveleigh, NSW, other locations negotiable
Salary: AU$111,663 - AU$130,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 years specified term
To be successful you will need
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a scientific or technical discipline such as Computer Science, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Experience designing, building and operating complex distributed systems in a cloud environment
- Proficiency with containerised environments, e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Solid experience with CI/CD processes and tools, e.g. Travis CI, Jenkins
- Experience with configuration management tools, e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Bash, Perl
- Experience troubleshooting complex problems in distributed systems
- Experience deploying systems inside government agencies or industry clients
- A Baseline (PROTECTED) Australian Government security clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
- The ability to collaborate and grow with a multi-disciplinary, geographically dispersed research and engineering team.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday May 5th, 2019