- Are you an experienced and motivated software engineer?
- Make a difference with your effective and efficient support
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
The Sensitive Data Access (SenDA) team is a part of the Engineering & Design program in Data61 where you will be encouraged to choose your own tools, and have the freedom to come up with your own solutions to problems.
You will have the ability to confidently assess and apply current technical best practices, as well as explore possible uses for new technology in the ongoing evolution of a product are key for this role. Strong communication skills and a collaborative focus are essential to this role, as we are a team with expertise in various disciplines that needs to work together cohesively to deliver best in class outcomes.
Your duties will include
- Design, build and enhance software product components and ensure their implementation is secure, efficient and maintainable.
- Take (possibly incompletely defined) problems and structure them in code.
- Think creatively, prototype new ideas and see them through to production, while working to deadlines.
- Always consider the goals and requirements of users.
- Work with customers and partners to understand their needs and make sure they are met.
- Collaborate with engineering, research, UI/UX and business teams.
Location: Sydney, NSW (preferred) or Canberra, ACT (negotiable)
Salary: AU $97,276 to AU $105,269 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- Bachelor degree in a scientific or engineering discipline such as Computer Science OR equivalent commercial experience in software engineering.
- Extensive experience of developing in one or more commonly-used, statically-typed, object-oriented languages (such as Scala, Java or C++)
- Specific experience in library/module API (preferably REST API) design, documentation, implementation and delivery using current development tools and methodologies.
- A history of developing robust and secure applications. (We love code examples – please send us anything you have developed that we can look at, eg. open source projects.)
- Ability to collaborate and grow with a multidisciplinary, regionally dispersed software engineering team.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
Who we are
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday, 18th April 2019