- Have you contributed to the movement of large scale data?
- Are you interested in working in the automation space?
- Join the IM&T team at CSIRO!
Work in part of the Data Team, Scientific Computing in IM&T and as part of a small group responsible for continuing support and maintenance of CSIRO enterprise storage equipment.
As a Data Automation Specialist you will be responsible for contributing to the data movement and automation architecture and design. You will be required to coordinate and deliver functional technical solutions and contribute to development, implementation and standardisation of storage initiatives, procedures and techniques.
For success in this role, you will have proven experience and capability in coordination and delivery of solutions and services that support CSIRO’s strategic and operational objectives. You will demonstrate initiative and independence, and act as a specialised advisor to the business and IM&T.
These roles are responsible for the quality of the service delivered to clients, and make significant contribution to service direction and in the application of adaptive and innovative solutions to complex and ambiguous issues across one or more service or technical streams. They are client focused and are able to integrate business requirements with IM&T technical solutions in order to achieve organisational objectives.
Your duties will include
- Provide expert technical advice relating to:
- Automating the movement of data,
- Automation of data movement infrastructure and integrated technology services,
- The standards and procedures to team members, management and business owners.
- Design, develop, test and deliver the capabilities of the infrastructure.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary, often regionally dispersed research team, to carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
Location: Negotiable – Any capital city in Australia
Salary: AU$97K – AU$105K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical disciplines specific to Data administration and associated technologies.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT or related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience in the design, implementation, operation, and tuning of solutions that facilitate data movement at scale.
- The ability to provide technical support working with team members, management and clients including the development of new ideas to continually improve processes and leverage new technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Practical knowledge and proficient troubleshooting skills in relation to automated infrastructure technologies.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: Thursday, 31st January, 2019