About Chandler Macleod:
As one of the Australia’s largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod’s recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Chandler Macleod and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employer's and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
About the Role:
This position manages a small team to oversee the design, fieldwork and production of datasets and other deliverables by contracted providers. The role will have responsibility for one to two of the abovementioned surveys, ensuring they continue to build the value of the longitudinal data sets, and deliver information suitable for informing and enriching both academic and policy debates. The role involves liaison with external stakeholders including academics, steering committees and contracted providers to support the broader provision of advice to the NCLD. The role may involve managing procurements as the need arises, and will involve aspects of project management on a day to day basis, to ensure survey outputs are delivered to the department on time, and in line with quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with research partners, academic advisors and policy stakeholders in relation to data used in longitudinal studies managed by NCLD
- Oversee the project planning, content development and delivery of the contracted surveys, ensuring project deliverables are delivered on schedule, to budget, and to a standard ready for publication or public release. This may include both data sets and publications.
- Establish and maintain networks with researchers and external stakeholders
- Ensure alignment between content development and the departments information needs
- Brief the Executive and internal stakeholders on key findings and emerging trends, and identify where policy may interact with research findings
- Respond to data requests from a range of stakeholders including providing ad hoc analysis
- Collaborate with the NCLD leadership team to support alignment of information across our longitudinal survey suite, and with supporting teams
Skills & Experience:
- Well-structured written communication skills - Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and tailor data analysis findings to technical, professional and academic audiences
- Project Management - understands project management approaches, including monitoring, governance, Government procurement processes, and elements of administration and finance
- Critical Thinking - Utilises highly developed critical thinking skills to analyse complex issues to develop reasoned conclusions
- Decision Making - Highly proficient in undertaking logical and balanced decision making and justification within defined parameters
- Stakeholder engagement - Expert skills in seeking opportunities to establish and nurture effective professional networks, cultivating positive relationships with stakeholders and clients, in pursuit of departmental outcomes
- Communication - Verbal and written - Highly proficient written and verbal communication, and is able to modify and create targeted and complex messages to diverse audiences
- Qualifications in a Social Science (Research, Qualitative &/Or Qualitative Analysis, Statistics, Economics, Psychology or Social Policy).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Culture & Benefits:
- Weekly Pay!
- Secure Parking!
How to Apply:
Role closes on Thursday, 21st of November, 2019