Project Manager, Landholders Driving Change - [Archived Advertisement]
NQ Dry Tropics (View other jobs from this organisation)
Are you passionate about sustainable agriculture and natural resource management? Do you have exceptional project management skills? Is building and maintaining effective and valued relationships one of your key strengths? We are looking for these qualities in a
Project Manager, Landholders Driving Change
(Fixed-term until 30 June 2020)
The Landholders Driving Change project is a unique opportunity to help improve land condition and water quality around the Bowen, Broken and Bogie (BBB) catchments near Bowen and Collinsville. Together these three catchments contribute around a quarter of the total fine sediment load to the Great Barrier Reef. The Landholders Driving Change project is funded by the Queensland Government through its Major Integrated Projects Initiative (MIP). You will be responsible for managing a wide range of activities – ranging from on-ground gully remediation and education, to high-level discussions around policy reform – that aim to reduce erosion and support the grazing community to manage their land more sustainably and profitably for the long-term.
These activities were developed through close consultation with local landholders during an intensive design process. This high-profile project is trialling a brand new delivery model that aims to achieve results at a catchment scale. Its success will depend upon energising the community while demonstrating results and achievements to our funders.
We expect this position to provide project leadership, strategic vision and technical, planning and delivery oversight.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Project management responsibilities across five program areas, including monitoring, evaluating and reporting on progress of projects against milestones and budgets
- Provision of advice and support to the project panel to enable informed decision making and project planning.
- Developing and maintaining extensive stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Managing a diverse and distributed project team, including both internal staff and external partners.
The person we are looking for will have, among other things:
- Demonstrated high level experience in a complex project management role with a sound knowledge of project management best practices.
- Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science, Natural Resource Management, or significant relevant work experience and vocational or industry education/training.
- A proven track record in building and maintaining effective and valued relationships and partnerships.
- Proven ability to achieve outcomes within agreed timeframes and budgets and under time pressures.
In return, as an equal opportunity employer we’ll offer professional development opportunities, flexible hours and a close-knit and friendly environment. You’ll be rewarded with an attractive annual base salary $93,840 to $109,779 per annum plus 12.5% super + 5 weeks annual leave.
To find out more and to get a copy of the application guide and position description visit www.nqdrytropics.com.au/employment or call Lisa McCulloch on (07) 4799 3500. Interested? Email your application including cover letter, resume and your response to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm Monday 21 August 2017.
NQ Dry Tropics is a not-for-profit community organisation working with landholders, industry and government to manage natural resources in the Burdekin Dry Tropics region.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Aug 2017
- QLD - Townsville
- $93,840 to $109,779 per annum plus 12.5% super
- Work Type:
Natural Resource Management