Scientific Officer (Chemistry)
Reference Number: 13068
Salary Range: $71,757.43 - $81,529.17 per annum
Location: MacNamara St Depot, Cairns
Closing: Wednesday 1st January 2020
Primary objectives of the position:
- To perform the routine and non-routine chemical analyses for the laboratory's programs.
- To be responsible for the workflow of an assigned section of the Chemical Testing Laboratory.
- To contribute skills and judgement in a range of functions that will develop and expand the laboratory’s expertise and capabilities.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in a Science Field relevant to the position.
- Previous laboratory experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of QA / QC systems applicable to a NATA accredited laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and organise work to achieve a timely outcome.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve customer focussed goals.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria you must go to our website: https://cairnsqld.mercury.com.au
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:
- Preâ€‘employment medical assessment, which will include a functional capacity which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa
We off the following benefits:
- Up to 5 weeks’ annual leave
- 19 Day Month RDO
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- Annual leave loading
- Subsidised Corporate Uniform
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym/swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development relevant to the position