- Full time fixed term 4 years 2022 - 2026
- Opportunity to support curriculum transformation in Work and Organisational Studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Academic Level B/C, Base Salary $110,856 - $156,579 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Work and Organisational Studies (WOS) Discipline within the Business School hosts leading international scholars investigating employment and industrial relations, labour regulation, human resource management and organisational behaviour. There is a strong tradition of teaching excellence and innovation within the discipline, ensuring we expose students to contemporary challenges and cutting-edge research. Our research has national and international significance and policy impact and informs our teaching across undergraduate and postgraduate courses. A number of market-leading textbooks in our area of expertise have been written by WOS academics. We nurture critical thinking and relevant industry knowledge to prepare students for their careers. Our graduates report high levels of teaching satisfaction and many of our alumni are leading successful careers in the business, government and community sectors.
The education-focused role is a specialized category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design. A Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Education-focused) is expected to make significant contributions to developing teaching and learning practice, design and evaluation within their School and will be on a trajectory towards leadership in educational design and delivery. The successful candidate will dedicate the majority (up to 70% - or by mutual agreement 80%) of their academic workload allocation to education and educational development.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- support the delivery of courses in Work and Organisational Studies at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- contribute to the educational and administrative duties of the Discipline and School
- support the further development of a positive workplace culture, aligned to the strategic direction of the Business School and University
- develop a strong profile with external stakeholders, particularly in relation to pedagogical activities in the areas of Human Resource Management and / or Organisational Behaviour (or other areas covered by WOS such as Industrial Relations) and the area of future / disruption to HR and work.
We are looking for a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Education Focused) in Work and Organisational Studies who possesses:
- a completed PhD or higher degree in the field of work and organisational studies, Human Resource Management, Organisational Behaviour, industrial relations or a related area
- recognised expertise in higher education pedagogy (e.g. FHEA, M.Ed.), or willingness to undertake the Graduate Certificate in Education Studies (Higher Education) or a comparable qualification
- demonstrated experience of successful university level teaching at the undergraduate or postgraduate level in the area of work and organisational studies, Human Resource Management, Organisational Behaviour (or other areas covered by WOS such as Industrial Relations). This should also include evidence around unit of study coordination, delivery of lectures, and assessment of student learning activities
- ability to develop and design an innovative unit of study curriculum and assessment activities
- capacity to work in a contemporary university context including the innovation in teaching, delivering content in face to face and online environments to stimulate and engage students
- a developing network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders in order to assist in curriculum development and transformation and developing 'work-ready' graduates
- a willingness to contribute to events and organisational activities for the University, Business School and the Discipline of Work and Organisational studies (activities include, but are not limited to, Open Days, Information Days, Planning and Strategy days, and Discipline meetings).
To be considered for this position, please describe and illustrate how you meet the above criteria in your cover letter and upload it online. Ensure that you include in the cover letter:
- examples of your successful involvement in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of teaching and learning activities
- examples of effective teamworking in which you have been involved, including your contribution to the team
- detail of your experience of teaching to large and diverse groups of students at either undergraduate or postgraduate level, with particular focus on your use of learning technologies.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 28 November 2021
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Lecturer---Senior-Lecturer-in-Work-and-Organisational-Studies--Education-Focused-_0087008-1
© The University of Sydney