- Newly created opportunity to play an instrumental role creating and implementing a Clinical Governance framework within the University’s largest Faculty
- Located at the University of Sydney, Camperdown Campus in the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- 3-year full time fixed term position with the possibility of two additional years. Competitive salary on offer
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for a Head, Clinical Governance to join the Faculty Leadership Group.
Reporting to the Faculty General Manager, this position provides leadership and expert knowledge of clinical governance principles to support the advancement of clinical governance principles within the Faculty of Medicine and Health. In doing so, the Manager, Clinical Governance will implement and monitor the University Clinical Governance Framework and related activities and fostering a culture of continuing improvement to provide evidence-based interventions and support. As part of this position you will draft and set up the governance structure across all our 27 clinics so there is an expectation of travel within NSW.
This position will be based in our Camperdown Campus and is being offered at full time, however some flexibility with hours may be considered for the right candidate
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Head, Clinical Governance who possesses:
- Tertiary qualifications in a health-related discipline with significant recent clinical experience in a health care setting, or equivalent work experience in complex health care settings relevant to clinical governance
- Experience working in a senior leadership clinical governance role in a large and complex organisation, such as an LHD clinical governance team
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and project management in patient safety, quality and clinical risk management at a senior management level, with demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills in relation to strategic development, monitoring and evaluation of such activities
- Demonstrated success in delivering a comprehensive governance agenda within a complex organisation with many competing priorities
As part of our 2016-2020 Strategic Plan we have committed to making changes to ensure our medicine and health disciplines are positioned to address the important challenges of healthcare in the 21st century.
The new Faculty of Medicine and Health has been designed to enable innovation, excellence and strategic vision in teaching, research and clinical practice not only in medicine and health, but in all the areas in which we operate.
Faculty of Medicine and Health combined research makes up 55 percent of the University’s total research output. With a number of school and multidisciplinary research centres and institutes, the faculty is dedicated to research and supporting research across all schools and disciplines.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Job Reference No. 1670/0819
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 16 September 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.