- Exciting opportunity to work and support the Clinical Trial Centre
- located at The Chris O’Brien Lifehouse
- Multiples full-time fixed term opportunities for 12months, remuneration package $117Kp.a which includes leave loading and superannuation
About the opportunity
The Clinical Trial Operations Lead will be providing overall management, co-ordination and administration of a number of clinical trials and research projects relevant to a specific research therapeutic area covering oncology, neonatal or cardiovascular disease, or other therapeutic areas in which the NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) undertakes research activities
The focus of this role is to work collaboratively with various stakeholders including clinical trial sponsors, collaborative group representatives, project team members, other Clinical Trial Operations Leads and CTC senior managers to manage successfully the clinical trial operations and start-up activities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an enthusiastic Clinical Trial Operations Lead who possesses the below:
- Knowledge of clinical trial requirements during their lifecycle from start up to close out, including a detailed understanding of the regulatory and ethical approval process across Australia, as well as a thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and Good Clinical Practice.
- Minimum three years of relevant working experience in clinical trial management, as a project manager, senior clinical trial operations coordinator, or similar role.
- Financial management experience and literacy, experience in managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure.
- Ability and willingness to travel (
The successful candidate will also has excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team. They will be able to demonstrate ability to work under pressure with competing priorities.
The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre at the University of Sydney conducts large multicenter investigator-initiated clinical trials, takes part in trials of national and international collaborative trial groups and contributes expertise to trials run by others. Clinical trials conducted by academic research centers adopt different models for managing and conducting clinical trials, which differs from the pharmaceutical industry models and contract research organizations.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1083/0519F to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm, Sunday 7 July 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.