Nepean Clinical School, Sydney Medical School
Reference no. 1674/1016
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. We employ over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
We are currently seeking a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Maternal Fetal Medicine) who will be responsible for the success of both the clinical and academic components of the Division of Women and Children’s Health at Nepean Hospital and Sydney Medical School Nepean.
As Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Maternal Fetal Medicine), you will;
- work collaboratively with the NBMLHD to ensure the financial and operational success of the Division of Women and Children’s Health
- provide leadership in the development, implementation and promotion of clinical programs at the Nepean Hospital
- collaborate with the Division of Women and Children’s Health and across other divisions and departments to develop annual and long-term plans for improving health care quality, safety, process improvement and value
- oversee strategic planning and financial management including budgets, operations improvement, and health system development and management
- promote a culture that is collaborative, team oriented, and one that respects the skill sets and opinions of all faculty and staff.
The successful applicant must be a medical graduate eligible for AHPRA registration, hold a Fellowship of the Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists or equivalent specialist registration as provided for under the Health Insurance Act 1973, and have a higher research degree (PhD or equivalent).
The Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Maternal Fetal Medicine) incorporates a substantive support package, which includes a research assistant, administration assistant , and access to funding from the Sydney Medical Foundation and Nepean Medical Research Fund. The position is supported by a highly regarded perinatal ultrasound unit and experienced maternofetal medicine sonographers. The position offers the opportunity to participate in a unique research eco-system, with access to the research infrastructures of the Charles Perkins Centre, the Brain and Mind Centre and Marie Bashir Centre as part of the academic component of the appointment. There is also scope to occupy 0.1 FTE at the University’s Camperdown Campus.
The appointment is on a full-time continuing basis, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees, and a competitive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For more information on the position, faculty and University, please request the candidate brochure by contacting Ms Nicole Pearson, Recruitment Administrator – Senior Academic, at email@example.com
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 29 January 2017 (Sydney time)
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.