Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Workshops 2020 - GRI Standards
Sustainability Reporting Workshops 2020 - GRI Standards
Preparing a GRI report can potentially be daunting without the benefit of a structured program that takes you through all of the ins and outs and tricks of the trade in how to begin the report. ZOOiD doesn’t simply provide training in this area; ZOOiD also prepares sustainability reports for clients!
We also provide a one hour complementary mentoring session for each workshop participant. Additional mentoring packages are available for those who would like focused support at the conclusion of the workshop.
This course will enable you to prepare either a GRI Standards Core report, or a GRI Standards Comprehensive report. ZOOiD and the training materials are certified by the Global Reporting Initiative.
Workshop Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants should feel very confident in how to prepare a best practice Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) sustainability report using the GRI Standards. Most importantly, participants will begin to understand the GRI report writer’s adage “It’s not about the report, it’s about the process!”
Take outs of the course include how to:
- Understand, interpret and implement the GRI Standards
- Select and prepare the information to be disclosed in the final report
- Apply the GRI Reporting Principles for Defining Report Content, and Defining Reporting Quality
- Identify, prioritise and communicate with your stakeholders
- Identify material topics and their boundaries (internal and/or external to your organisation)
- Streamline reporting processes throughout your organisation
- Communicate your report in innovative ways
- Prepare you for future reporting cycles through continuous improvement principles.
Who should attend?
Individuals who are new to the Global Reporting Initiative sustainability reporting process, or reporters who may not have attended the course, and need some extra tools to help them along. It can often be of benefit to have more than one person from the same organisation attend the workshop, as sustainability reporting is multi-disciplinary in nature, and it helps to have more than one person with GRI knowledge as support. Our participants come from a broad spectrum of sustainability focused areas of the organisation, including company secretary, HSE, corporate planning, project management, corporate social responsibility, health & wellbeing planning/policy, sustainability, communications, education and marketing, business analysts, community relations, business improvement, HR and more.
Which organisations and sectors should attend?
No matter how large or small your organisation is, all organisations should consider preparing a GRI report. GRI reporting allows you to refine your business processes and better communicate your sustainability activities. All sectors benefit from GRI reporting. Participants span the financial, minerals & mining, engineering, transport/logistics, aquaculture, events management, property development, utilities, pharmaceutical, paper products, FMCG, local and state governments, water boards, consultant, IT, retailers, wholesalers, education and not for profit sectors (building, business, aged care), sustainable tourism and more.
Course format: Face to Face and Virtual Classroom Online Delivery Options
Our face to face workshop runs for 16 hours and is run for two consecutive days.
Our virtual classroom online delivery workshop runs for 16 hours, and is delivered in six sessions.
- All participants will receive a hard copy or soft copy of the GRI Standards (as per preference) and supporting training materials
- All participants receive a Certificate of Attendance directly from the Global Reporting Initiative in Amsterdam
- Refreshments are provided throughout the day for face to face training.
ZOOiD is the first Certified Training Partner of the Global Reporting Initiative in Australia/New Zealand.
Upcoming Workshops 2020
|November 25th and 26th|